Today is International Men’s Day, which likely started as an angry misguided response to International Women’s Day, but we can reclaim it! Patriarchy benefits men, but in some instances it harms them; for example:
- men who want to be fashion designers
- men who want to be ballet dancers and ballerinas
- men with testicular cancer who have no balls
- men who like to wear their hair long
- men with medical conditions who can’t get an erection
- men who want to stay home and raise kids
- men who want to wear make up
- men who want their wives to control the family budget
- gay men
- men who want to cry when they’re sad.
- men who have been beaten by their wives
- boys who have been raped by older women
- straight men who like pegging
Let’s talk about how patriarchy affects men. Is the solution to ending these problems – more feminism? Let me know wheat you think.
Happy Int’l Men’s Day.
(From RMC. SRS Discussion on Reddit)